Minerals and Waste Services
MINERALS AND WASTE SERVICES
DRaW are specialists in the minerals and waste sector and have developed close working relationships with some of largest global operators. Two of our directors were employed by one of the largest quarrying companies in the UK for several years, giving us a unique insight into the business. We have worked on mines, quarries, natural gas and waste sites across the UK and overseas.
We work closely with client teams, local authorities, stakeholders and other specialist to design and implement successful and efficient working and restoration proposals. Our knowledge of the industry, combined with access to a range of specialist software ensures that our designs are accurate and where possible save our clients’ money by minimising costly earthworks operations.
The design, restoration and ongoing management of minerals and waste sites are critical in ensuring that the long-term objectives for the site are fulfilled, planning obligations are met, and a successful restoration is achieved.
DRaW Minerals and Waste services include:
- Landscape and Visual Assessment (LVIA).
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) co-ordination
- Design of working plans, volumetric calculations and cut/ fill modelling.
- Design of restoration proposals, including 3D modelling works and budget estimating.
- Preparation of exhibition material and graphics work.
- Stakeholder engagement activities.
- Aftercare and management plans.
- Contract administration services for earthworks and restoration, including tendering for implementation.
- Preparation of Biodiversity Action Plans (BAPs).